Posts Tagged ‘yellow’
Yellow shines with optimism, enlightenment, and happiness. Shades of golden yellow carry the promise of a positive future. Yellow will advance from surrounding colors and instill optimism and energy, as well as spark creative thoughts.
How the color yellow affects us physically
- Stimulates mental processes
- Stimulates the nervous system
- Activates memory
- Encourages communication
Yellow: The color of the solar plexus chakra
Yellow is the color of the Solar Plexus Chakra, also known as Manipura.
This chakra is located in the stomach area. It is linked to the stomach, liver, skin, large intestine, muscular system, and solar plexus area.
The Solar Plexus Chakra is representative of vitality and will. When this chakra is open, it acts to empower a person and help them find their personal strength. It will help turn dreams and goals into reality.
Gemstones that will aid the Solar Plexus Chakra include amber and citrine.me
Religious & mythological associations with yellow
- Yellow is representative of “Greed” in Christianity.
Political associations of yellow
- The phrase “Yellow Dog Democrat” refers to a person who is a hard-core Democrat. This originates back to Southerners in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries who disliked the Republicans. Such people would rather vote for a “yellow dog” than a Republican.
- Yellow is the symbol for liberalism in many countries.
Fruit comes to mind first for yellow foods, but there are also many yellow vegetables.
- Wonderfully sweet with firm and creamy flesh, bananas come prepackaged in their own yellow jackets.
- The exceptional juiciness and vibrant tropical flavor of the pineapple, which balances the tastes of sweet and tart, makes them only second to bananas as America’s favorite tropical fruit.
- Juicy and sweet, with a soft, buttery, yet somewhat grainy texture, the white to cream-colored flesh of pears was once referred to as the “gift of the gods.”
- We are just beginning to discover the wealth of nourishment supplied by the mildly sweet flavored and finely textured winter squash. It was once such an important part of the diet of the American Indians that they buried it along with the dead to provide them nourishment on their final journey to the afterlife.
Yellow and our sense of smell
- “Lemon” was the original scent of the yellow colored Magic Scents Crayons from Binney & Smith Inc., introduced in 1994 with mostly food scents. However, there were numerous reports that children were eating the food-scented crayons, so the food scents were retired and replaced with non-food scents. The scent for the color yellow became “daffodil.”
- Lemon Peel: A very strong, fresh lemon scent. Great for summer, very refreshing. Aromatherapy benefits: Uplifting, refreshing, cheering, stimulating, rejuvenating. -Scent It.com
Astrological: Sagittarius, Scorpio and Leo
Labradorite resonates to Archangel Raphael the Archangel of healing and love.
Psychic Wisdom, Promotes intellectual, intuitive, and mystical wisdom, calmness, intuition
The FLASH will remind you of this stones purpose. Like “a flash of light in the darkness”, Labradorite will help reveal your spiritual destiny to you. Not only will it reveal your path, but it will help you to develop the wise use of your psychic abilities so they are not abused.
This often happens during the dream state, when you are better able, and more willing, to receive outside information.
Said to represent the “temple of the stars” , it brings clarity of thought, and the wisdom of other worlds and universes to us.
On an individual level, it brings forth each person’s strengths to share with the world, and each other. (to carry the message… to those who still suffer…)
This stone is very good for enhancing night vision, and can be of great help in developing the ability to see auras.
- Self Esteem: Labradorite promotes strength of will and a feeling of inner worth about your own abilities, while relieving insecurity and apprehension about your value as a spiritual being.
- Creativity: Labradorite helps to combine intellectual thought with intuitive wisdom enhancing discernment in all situations. This gemstone elicits creativity by inspiring you to come up with original ideas and solutions to problems.
- Diet: Labradorite is an excellent gemstone for those seeking to lose weight as it balances and regulates metabolism.
- Career: Brings patience, which leads to better focus and concentration. This stone enhances perseverance, very helpful for those who are facing a period of sustained work, such as students at exam time, and for those who are prone to overwork.
- Athletes and Procrastinators: It can stimulate physical activity, and ‘kick start’ the energy necessary to get into action.
Multi. The “flash” is known as “labradorescence.” The colors change according to the angle of light refraction, and may be blue, green, yellow, and pink. The base color of the stone itself a silvery gray.
Physical Healing Properties:
clarify eyes, gout, colds, rheumatic fever, feeling cold, and lowers blood pressure.